Dr Jenna answers your questions about Berry Dental Studio and COVID-19
Updated: Jun 12
Dr Jenna is often asked about COVID-19 and what it means for us on the South Coast. In this blog post, Dr Jenna answers some common questions and explains what we are doing at Berry Dental Studio to protect our patients and the broader community.
1. Is the Studio open?
We are open for dental care as per the current Australian Government regulations. As of May, restrictions on dentistry were lifted. From this month, Dr Jenna will be available for all dental treatments including braces, invisalign, kids' appointments, fillings, chipped teeth, toothaches and consults. Our hygienist Georgia is available for cleans, whitening and periodontal (gum) disease care.
2. What is the Studio doing to protect patients amid COVID-19? At the Studio, we have always applied rigorous standards of safety and hygiene. For example:
· All surfaces are regularly cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant
· All instruments are sterilised at over 130 degrees Celsius and stored in sterile conditions
· All team members wear face masks and personal protective equipment
· All biological waste is carefully disposed of using a specialised disposal system
This means that we are well-placed to protect our patients in the era of COVID-19.
In response to recent developments, we have introduced an additional cleaning regime for our waiting room and other non-clinical areas. This includes regular cleaning all surfaces and objects with hospital-grade antibacterial wipes, which can kill viruses such as HIV and COVID-19.
Our rigorous practices are complimented by the hygiene-focused design of the Studio itself, which provides our rooms with ample ventilation and natural light.
3. Has the Studio encountered any cases of COVID-19?
No. No one in our team has come into contact with a case of COVID-19.
All our team members are fit and healthy. Team members are trained to be alert to any signs of infection or ill health.
4. What if I am feeling unwell or have recently returned from overseas?
At the moment, the Australian Government advises that if you are experiencing flu symptoms, you must avoid direct contact with other people and avoid public places. Flu symptoms include coughing, sneezing, fever, sore throat, runny nose. If this applies to you, please contact the Studio to re-schedule your appointment.
People returning from overseas are required by the Government to self-isolate for 14 days. If this applies to you, we encourage you to comply with the instructions provided by the Government.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via email or phone.
Yours sincerely Dr Jenna Cutting
Founder and Principal Dentist Berry Dental Studio